Monday, May 09, 2005

Two Down, One to Go.

First Amendment Law and Trusts & Wills are out of the way. Products Liability on deck and Secured Financing in the hole.

Here's the problem: Those last two exams are but 6 credit hours compared to the 80-something credits I already have. Law school has one of those mixed blessings known as the mandatory grade curve. Basically, to earn a grade outside of the B range, you have to do either really great or really badly. Going through the motions and avoiding looking like a booger-eating moron earn you the requisite B, B- or B+. B's are pretty much my specialty (I've earned a couple of A-'s and a couple of grades in the C-ish range, so they cancel each other out).

With that in mind, where is the motivation to care? If my GPA dips by 5 hundreths of a point, will it really concern anyone trying to hire me? No. Do I care enough about the subject matter of my two remaining exams to actually put forth more than the minimum effort? No.

So here I sit, with one exam tomorrow morning and my last exam on Wednesday, yet I have done very little studying for either exam. In fact, I'll be learning Secured Financing sometime between Noon tomorrow and 2pm on Wednesday.

And so, for now, I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment